My brothers then came up for a visit before going off to school. They've done this every summer for the past seven years...partly for fun, largely for school clothes shopping. It started after Terri's car accident in the summer of 2003, when they came to be with me in College Station for a bit while our dad stayed at the Medical Center in Houston. They were scared and anxious and I just wanted to do whatever I could to provide a sense of normalcy. To me, that included playing mom and ensuring they started 6th and 8th grade with a nice assortment of new clothes. It's been our thing ever since. This visit was extra special to me as, realistically, it'll probably be the last. I'm sure they'll come see us individually now and then, but with being at two different schools, Kody playing football, and just college life in general, the odds are they won't be clearing and aligning their schedules anytime soon (if ever). Guess we'll have to figure out a new tradition...
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Summer Visitors: Part Deux
Well, we had another fun round of company this week. It started with GramB coming back up, but bringing GiGi this time! My sweet Gram had been itching to see Grace since Mother's Day and it finally worked out for her to accompany my mom. I scheduled my big "back to blond" hair appointment during their visit (can't pass up free and unlimited babysitting) which, unfortunately, turned into quite the process. They definitely got some good Gracie time in! We also enjoyed lunch with Kimmie one day, then shopped 'til we dropped the rest of the time. GiGi and Grace were troopers...I love to shop, but even I have a hard time keeping up with my mom. :)





My brothers then came up for a visit before going off to school. They've done this every summer for the past seven years...partly for fun, largely for school clothes shopping. It started after Terri's car accident in the summer of 2003, when they came to be with me in College Station for a bit while our dad stayed at the Medical Center in Houston. They were scared and anxious and I just wanted to do whatever I could to provide a sense of normalcy. To me, that included playing mom and ensuring they started 6th and 8th grade with a nice assortment of new clothes. It's been our thing ever since. This visit was extra special to me as, realistically, it'll probably be the last. I'm sure they'll come see us individually now and then, but with being at two different schools, Kody playing football, and just college life in general, the odds are they won't be clearing and aligning their schedules anytime soon (if ever). Guess we'll have to figure out a new tradition...



My brothers then came up for a visit before going off to school. They've done this every summer for the past seven years...partly for fun, largely for school clothes shopping. It started after Terri's car accident in the summer of 2003, when they came to be with me in College Station for a bit while our dad stayed at the Medical Center in Houston. They were scared and anxious and I just wanted to do whatever I could to provide a sense of normalcy. To me, that included playing mom and ensuring they started 6th and 8th grade with a nice assortment of new clothes. It's been our thing ever since. This visit was extra special to me as, realistically, it'll probably be the last. I'm sure they'll come see us individually now and then, but with being at two different schools, Kody playing football, and just college life in general, the odds are they won't be clearing and aligning their schedules anytime soon (if ever). Guess we'll have to figure out a new tradition...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment