Sunday, September 19, 2010
Up, Up and Away
Yesterday, David came in from pushing Grace around in her car acting all hyper and telling me to get outside. I was in the middle of something, so I begrudgingly tiptoed (shoeless) out on our porch. He coaxed me up to the end of the street, still barefoot, where (with the houses no longer blocking my view) I saw several hot air balloons heading toward us. One was even getting super low, like it might land at the park behind the school. We got all excited...Grace and I (and the dogs) started heading that way, while David ran back to grab my flip flops and the camera. Although that particular balloon happened to go back up, we did see another one through the houses that looked like it might be in our neighborhood. More came overhead, with the people in them waving down at us. We hadn't realized it was the weekend of the nearby Balloon Festival, so to us it was just a fun and unexpected surprise on a Saturday afternoon. Made for a neat memory...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment